I am Deaf written by Jennifer Moore Mallinos
Have you ever wondered what it's like to be deaf? Learn what it's like and about some of the things that can be used to help with learning and communication. This sweet story is empowering and will inspire you to be the best you can be and to reach out to others to help bridge the gap between our differences!
The story is told by a child's point of view - especially the view of children who either suffer from some physical challenge or lack self-confidence in going about their everyday activities. This book describes challenges that hearing-impaired children face, and how one child overcomes them to live a normal, happy life. This attractively illustrated picture storybook series encourages kids to understand themselves and overcome problems that have troubled them. Following each story are four pages of suggested activities that relate to the book's theme. A final two-page section offers advice to parents.
This book gives you a better understanding of deafness and will help you realise that children with a hearing loss can do the same things as other boys and girls.
Lana is 10 years old and she is deaf. In this story she tells what it's like to be deaf, describing some of the things she uses to help her learn at school and communicate with her teachers and friends.
One day at school, she notices that many kids who have normal hearing are watching as she and her hearing- impaired friends speak to each other in sign language. The occasion gives her a great idea! Maybe she can bridge the gap between the hearing and the non-hearing worlds? Lana's openness and sensitivity will educate you about her world of silence while she also enlightens you with her enthusiasm and desire to reach out to others.
Auslan Journey ships items Australia-Wide from our premises in Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia using a number of delivery services including Australia Post & Star Track Couriers.
· Once an order has been placed, it normally takes around 24 hours to process your order and an additional 2-6 working days for the item/s to be delivered, depending on the delivery location.
· For your convenience, here are the estimated delivery times you can expect once your order has been processed.
* QLD deliveries can be expected within 2-3 days of placing your order.
* NSW deliveries can be expected within 2-4 days of placing your order.
* VIC deliveries can be expected within 2-4 days of placing your order.
* WA & SA deliveries can be expected within 4-6 days of placing your order.
· Please be mindful of possible delays at present with some carriers due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
· Orders can be shipped to either a residential address, a business address or a post office box.
· Deliveries will only take place between the hours of 9am to 5pm on Monday to Friday.
· Please email email@example.com if you have any further shipping queries.